Release Notes July 26, 2021: Search and Browse Reports, SSO, advanced language support and more!
Single Sign on (SSO) Early Access We support Single Sign-On for our admin dashboard! This is in early access with a limited set of customers, but will become available more broadly in the future depending on plan subscription. Initial support is targeted towards Okta as the identity provider, but will expand based on demand. Reach out to your account or CS manager if you'd like to be added to the waitlist!
Top search, zero result and browse report export! Reports can now be generated for the top search terms, top zero result terms and top categories to facilitate outside analysis and stakeholder reporting! These reports include key metrics like views, clicks and click-through rates, joining our existing reports for top purchases.
Advanced Japanese language support Similar to our release of Chinese language support in March, we have added advanced Japanese language search support. Since Japanese has no (or very few) spaces between words, splitting product names and user queries into searchable components (tokens) is non-trivial. We have added special dedicated models to our search algorithms to handle this process (known as 'tokenization')
We are expanding aggressively around the world and our cutting-edge language modeling for languages that present unique challenges, such as Chinese and Japanese (tokenization) and Dutch and German (compounding / decompounding) is an important component of this strategy. If you're interested in expanding language support, reach out to your customer success manager!
Self-service for API values
- Displayable field configuration We now allow dashboard users to configure which fields will be returned by the API. Navigate to the index configuration and choose "Manage Searchability & Displayability"
- Remove searchandizing options that no longer exist in results Searchandizing rules may be set in a category or search result page, then products with these attributes go out of stock or otherwise leave the catalog. We want to preserve these rules so if products matching the rules return to the catalog, we continue to map them as expected, but we now make it more clear when there are rules which no longer correspond to products in the search or browse page -- and make it easy to remove these rules.
- Populate names and images in recommendations merchandizing We now show product names and images in the recommendations merchandizing interface to simplify the process of editing manual recommendations merchandizing rules.
- Pointer consistency Use pointer for clickable items consistently in dashboard.
- Filter padding in collections edit interface Filters no longer overflow in the collections edit interface when editing rules at the bottom of the page.
- Optimized performance for collections page In certain cases large numbers of facets could slow down the collections page. We now lazy-load facets and options to accelerate the collection creation experience.